Was browsing your forums and stumbled on this section; figured why not register and get some opinions from folks who clearly know their stuff.
My trusty crossfired 4850s finally decided to start giving out; giving me a fantastic excuse to upgrade ol' faithful. I will primarily be using my rig for GW2 and plan to dabble in making videos; future-proofing is also in the back of my mind.
I've only been building PCs for three odd years, though I learn quick and feel darn confident in my knowledge. Spent the better part of last fortnight researching everything relentlessly.
From the data I've mined, in the end my set-up is looks like this (asterisks represent what I already own);
- *CPU: AMD FX 4170 Quad Core OC'd to 4.5GHz.
- *Motherboard: GA-990FXA-D3.
- *Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3.
- GPU: HIS Radeon HD7970 3GB IceQ X2 Turbo.
- *PSU: Cooler Master UCP 700W.
- SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128GB.
- HDD1:: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB.
- Monitor: Samsung S24A850DWK 24" LED.
- *Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932.
- Cooling: x3 BitFenix Spectre Pro 230mm (front, side, top), BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm (back).
- *OS: Windows 7 Professional x64.
- Optional Stuff: DEMCi Flex CoolerMaster HAF 932 Filter Kit.
Also plan to pick up a Logitech G600 when they're out in Australia, my lovely G9s cords are frayed and held together with electrical tape currently.
I'm more than welcome to any suggestions and changes; regards to both what I already own and what I have yet to buy.
Cheers in advance mates; looking forward to hearing from TL folk.