I recieved my parts for my first ever build yesterday and began putting it together, Hoping for a lucky clean first start up, I was instead greeted with an F2 debug error from my Motherboard. Looking at the debug table the code F2 means starting system recovery. I have no idea what this means. Im a beginner with all this so I'll tell you what steps I took to try and fix it.
- Took out the Ram and reinserted it, also tried with just 1 stick in different possible slot combinations.
- Took out the MB battery and also tried using the CLR CMOS button.
- Removed my CPU cooler and put it back on making sure there was equal preasure on the CPU.
- Tried running with no Ram in which gave me an error code 55 which was to be expected (no ram inserted ect)
- Tried running with the GPU removed.
Here is a list of my components, maby a part is not compatable with another?
CPU- i5 3570k
GPU - GTX 670
MB - Asus maximus IV Gene-Z/gen 3
Ram - Kingston 16gb DDR3 KHX1600 CL9 240 - This bit has me slightly worried as on the box it says "Intel XMP certified quad channel" Is it supposed to be dual channel??
I'm at abit of a loss here so would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this for me.
I'm trying to stay positive as I understand its my first build but its stick a morale stomper
Thanks in advance