Community Links

Interact with Team Legacy

Photo

NDA on the new Mists of Pandaria information is lifted - No changes to PvP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SolidSteve

http://www.mmo-champ...aria-Press-Tour

I have been somewhat excited for this expansion since its announcement, though I think this press release pretty much ended that.

It's confirmed, 1 new arena map, and 2 battleground maps. That's it, for the entire expansion.

Since its inception in BC the arena system has seen a dozen changes to point acquisition, that's it, its so sad. I think its safe to say with the crap they have pulled and are still pulling with SC2, the neglect they have towards competitive play in WoW, blizzard makes great games but has no idea how competitive gaming works.

Sorry if this comes off bitchy, I am just so disappointed with this news. Anyone else have some thought on this?

Similar Topics: NDA on the new Mists of Pandaria information is lifted - No changes to PvP

Zirith

Zirith

I'm Known Here

• Visitor
  • 957 posts
  • Country Flag

I still think it's funny that the 2006 or 7 april fools race was the panda. They basically added farmville and pokemon lol, seem to be running out of ideas. As for no arena changes, it isnt really surprising, they are catoring to their super casual ~2 million player base and could care less about anything else. It's good business but it's the reduced quality of all of their new products that makes me want to boycott blizzard entirely.

Amoner

I dont see a point of hating on arenas... given they are redoing every class and the pvp system to be more secluded... All of the reviews are highly positive and wow seem to be heading the right direction... dont be overzealous fanatic with hate blindfold...

SolidSteve

I dont see a point of hating on arenas... given they are redoing every class and the pvp system to be more secluded... All of the reviews are highly positive and wow seem to be heading the right direction... dont be overzealous fanatic with hate blindfold...

Like I said before, I had been looking forward to this expansion in spite a lot a negativity toward it. I am just so sick of them ignoring things I like (pvp, and arena) and developing things I don't like (pokemon). The game just isn't for me anymore, which makes me sad/angry.

CrAzD

CrAzD

Contributor

• Visitor
  • 144 posts
  • Country Flag

I was going to make an epic wall of text but got bored, so I'm just gonna post my tl;dr version.

blizzard hasn't made a great game since they killed Blizzard North. They've simply been riding on what North did for them and the fanbase North created. Simply look at SC2, D3 and any expansion. Every expansion has had some gimic to it to attract people back rather than consistant solid game design. BC - Flying Mounts, Wrath - Open world PvP with all kinds of objectives which turned into crap and then the gimic became killing the LK, Cata-Flying in Classic, Panda-Pandas. They are ruining the diablo series and turning it something that it isn't. The main reason why has several million subs is because most of them have gone to other games but have returned because those games have had major flaws or so closely resembled wow that there was no reason to grind all over, make friends all over, find a solid guild all over, when they can just stick to what they and their friends have been playing. Why grind 1-80 again when it's exactly the same crap but less friends?

@Zirith I've already vowed never to buy another blizzard, activision game and many other company games ever again.

benji

benji

I'm Known Here

• TL Community
  • 686 posts

I was going to make an epic wall of text but got bored, so I'm just gonna post my tl;dr version.

blizzard hasn't made a great game since they killed Blizzard North. They've simply been riding on what North did for them and the fanbase North created. Simply look at SC2, D3 and any expansion. Every expansion has had some gimic to it to attract people back rather than consistant solid game design. BC - Flying Mounts, Wrath - Open world PvP with all kinds of objectives which turned into crap and then the gimic became killing the LK, Cata-Flying in Classic, Panda-Pandas. They are ruining the diablo series and turning it something that it isn't. The main reason why has several million subs is because most of them have gone to other games but have returned because those games have had major flaws or so closely resembled wow that there was no reason to grind all over, make friends all over, find a solid guild all over, when they can just stick to what they and their friends have been playing. Why grind 1-80 again when it's exactly the same crap but less friends?

@Zirith I've already vowed never to buy another blizzard, activision game and many other company games ever again.

I know this thread is about World of Warcraft (lol), but what's wrong with Starcraft 2?

Zirith

Zirith

I'm Known Here

• Visitor
  • 957 posts
  • Country Flag

I know this thread is about World of Warcraft (lol), but what's wrong with Starcraft 2?

new battlenet is shit, cant do lan, ui is shit, they are removing carriers, and adding really fucking stupid units, like the shredder. Also, the people that are balancing are using extremes, instead of actually testing each minor change themselves. The maps have always been terrible and they just now started adding user made maps.

SC2 is still really cool, the campaign was really fun, and the custom map editor is amazing But compared to what it woulda been if the old team had made it, it is really bad.

CrAzD

CrAzD

Contributor

• Visitor
  • 144 posts
  • Country Flag

new battlenet is shit, cant do lan, ui is shit, they are removing carriers, and adding really fucking stupid units, like the shredder. Also, the people that are balancing are using extremes, instead of actually testing each minor change themselves. The maps have always been terrible and they just now started adding user made maps.

SC2 is still really cool, the campaign was really fun, and the custom map editor is amazing But compared to what it woulda been if the old team had made it, it is really bad.

This

MOD EDIT: Don't "This" anything in the future.

Deft

Deft

GW2 is Coming

• Visitor
  • 4,261 posts
  • Country Flag

It's aimed at a casual PvE audience. Which is fine, to each their own. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it'd be. Hell, I would even give it a try if I knew I wouldn't be playing the crap out of GW2. The only thing I really care about is seeing where they go with the storyline.