foodless. Faced with the prospect of death by starvation, and lacking anyone to tell to go back to
the kitchen, I decided to arm myself with the power of google, and a highschool education in Chemistry.
Also prior experience in living by myself helped heaps as well
This blog will host recipes that I have tried and tested myself, and are both simple but delicious. Perfect for
those who want to spend less time on cooking and eating so that they can enjoy more video games, while
still being a far healthier alternative to microwave meals and snack food. These recipes all serve 4, unless
Feel free to share your own recipes and tricks, together we can end gamer hunger! (Due to lack of ability to
cook for themselves)
- Frying Pan/Grilling Pan
- A Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board/Clean Tabletop
- A Large Bowl
- Toaster Oven
- A deep tray
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of Beef Mince, leaner is better
- 1/2 a Brown Onion
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- A Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
- 4 Burger Buns
- Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Slices of Tasty Cheese (Or whatever cheese you'd prefer)
- Dice the onions
- Mix the onions, chili flakes, mustard, minced beef, parmesan cheese, egg, bread crumbs and nutmeg in a bowl.
Divide into 4 chunks, and then using your hands, mold them into a patties. Put them into a tray, cover with gladwrap
and leave in your fridge for 15 minutes. This prevents the patties from falling apart during the cooking phase.
- Begin preparing the burger buns. Slice them in half, spread butter on the lower bun, place a slice of cheese on the upper bun, and then toast them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Wash and slice the lettuce and tomato.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan on medium-high heat.
- Take the patties out of the fridge and fry them, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the hamburgers. Bottom bun, patty, tomato, lettuce, top bun. Sauce on the bottom bun if so required