Song of the day

535 posts in this topic

Posted

I created a thread similar to this about 14 months ago on our original site, and it introduced me to a lot of new music I've never heard of. I dunno about the rest of you, but music is a massive part of my life and I love discovering anything new. Getting exposure to everyone's different tastes in the community sounds fun and eye-opening, so here's Song of the Day round 2. Simply post one of your favorite songs per day via youtube. I will be listening to each and every one of these particularly if I've never heard of the artist before, be it metal, jazz, rap, swing, drum and bass, classical, seasonal, really any band of any kind of genre you've got a passion for. I suppose I'll start.

Had this one stuck in my head for the last several weeks (not including Broderick's ridiculously opening sweep-tapping).

Now show me something new or awesome to play LoL to today!
2 people like this

Posted

I really like this song. They are brilliant in it, that they manage to span multiple genres in an amazing way. I hope you enjoy :]

2 people like this

Posted

There's a special place in hell for you, Amoner.

Benji: Those opening triplet bursts are actually pretty punishing lol. What a creative band.

Posted

Tomorrow you shall receive another treat!

Posted

Dat lip-sync, Amoner.

So Lonnie, I'm pretty sure by the end of the week you'll realize your in over your head. To help with that, I have something that's probably only shortly after Justin Bieber on your "to listen to" list. Good ol' ska, more specifically Streetlight Manifesto! Even more specifically, their first song from their first proper album:

For all the future days I will post things that you will be very unlikely to listen to otherwise, so prepare your ears!

Posted

Ok, first off Killy, I've already heard the worst of the worst out there. Secondly, I fucking love ska.

Posted

Secondly, I fucking love ska.

You're awesome, and I love you.

Posted

I like ska as well. Used to have no clue what it was, then I hated it, then it grew on me. That's usually the way it is with me and music... Been listening to a bunch of punk/hardcore lately.
This song always makes me smile. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Loving the music posted so far. Lately I'm into Jazz. This song got stuck in my head.

Posted

This is absolutely the best song for 10v10 versus in L4D2. Especially if you want to piss off the whole server.

ok...no really, I like this for getting PUMPED UP IN L4D2!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeE1Y8S6jVc

Posted

Amoner, I've seen Meg and Dia live in Little Rock, Arkansas. They sound really great live. One know Meg or Dia (can't remember which one) was on this previous season of The Voice and made it to the finals (I believe). Anyway... great choice :]

Here's my daily, Lonnie. Hope you enjoy!

Posted

/duck

Posted

I stayed up all night a week ago just to listen to daft punk xD
I want to see these guys live so bad D:

Posted

Don't kill me, I have children to feed.. or will at some point

i predict teamlegacy will have a korean music thread in the near future ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vL_nWjFTPk

Posted

TBM is wonderful. Keep them coming, folks. Checking out more of these when I get home. Oh, I suppose I should put my song of the day down since I missed yesterday:

Posted

Seriously..get to 55 seconds of this next song. You will not regret my love for it for L4D2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30V-92zSkJA]

She is actually a lot thinner now and does a lot with the kid's show Yo Gabba Gabba. I met her in Memphis when we took my son to the Yo Gabba Gabba Live! show there. It was an awesome, awesome time and she is a very nice lady. She still loves her Bedazzler. She was very happy to have a fan who knew who she was outside of the kid's show. I got a big smile from her. :D Happy to be her fan.

Posted

Lonnie, what's your opinion of Chevelle? I've recently started listening to them and I really like their sound. Sadly I'm just missing their tour :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfAqvL3t74U

Posted

Killykyll, you should really check out their earliest stuff. I like Chevelle, but I really enjoy their early work more.