Orz

S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Visitor
  • 4,543 posts

Hi,

In order to view the post in this forum please register or login

Similar Topics: Windows 8 is Coming

Amoner

Awesome, I really enjoyed windows7 and personally dont even see a need for a new windows, but there are some awesome features in windows8, one of them being Windows To Go(http://en.wikipedia....i/Windows_To_Go). I guess what they are pushing for is portability and security, even though its aimed at corporations rather than individuals, I would hope that individuals can also get a chance to enjoy the feature.

Freelancer

Freelancer

Founder

• Community Manager

• 6,374 posts

Steam Profile

Contributor

Windows 8, IvyBridge, and a 600 series nvidia card. My next PC awaits.

Deft

Deft

GW2 is Coming

• Visitor
  • 4,261 posts
  • Country Flag

What are some of the key features that will be an improvement?

Perseus

Perseus

Dark Knight

• TL Community
  • 321 posts

Hmm, I wasn't aware of the next Microsoft OS. Sounds pretty cool.

Gogims

Gogims

Contributor

• Visitor
  • 131 posts
  • Country Flag

IMO I think there won't be a huge upgrade from Windows 7 > Windows 8... This new OS is focused for the new electronic devices: Smartphones and tablets. As for a computer, I don't see a big difference just like there was from Vista > Windows 7 or from XP > Vista.

Zyll

Zyll

U Mirin?

• Visitor
  • 537 posts
  • Country Flag

Always kind of thought that windows 8 was more of a transition into the touch screen interface market and appealing to the increasing love of the UI it brings. Don't think I'll be upgrading (unless I get a student deal of course), as I've had absolutely zero issues with windows 7. Lets hope there's an overly appealing feature for us gamers :P

SnakeEvoke

SnakeEvoke

Advanced Poster

• Visitor
  • 90 posts
  • Country Flag

The consumer preview of Windows 8 is out tomorrow, I'll try to post a download link for anyone interested. I tried the developer preview earlier and it was pretty neat.

SnakeEvoke

SnakeEvoke

Advanced Poster

• Visitor
  • 90 posts
  • Country Flag

Instructions to get the consumer preview: http://lifehacker.co...mer-preview-now

Deft

Deft

GW2 is Coming

• Visitor
  • 4,261 posts
  • Country Flag

It doesn't look like it adds anything I'd use, but I'd like to hear everyone's experiences with it. Especially our resident techies.