Interact with Team Legacy

7970 Released and oh boy is it amazing

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Guest_DiamondCut_*

Guest_DiamondCut_*
  • Guests
http://www.hardocp.c...rmance_review/1

I will be buying this card when the prices come down.

Similar Topics: 7970 Released and oh boy is it amazing

unff

unff

The Invisible

• Visitor
  • 906 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm so jaded on AMD's products lately. I used to be a huge fanboy and used their stuff exclusively, but the past 12-18 months of their stuff has been lackluster at best and the 3 AMD products that I have purchased in that time have all failed to live up to what I expected from them. I just don't trust their stuff at the moment, but I hope they can pull out of their nosedive and get back on track.

Orz

Orz

S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Visitor
  • 4,543 posts

I am with unff on this one - after going back to Nvidia, I just can't see me going with AMD in the future unless they improve product support dramatically. I loved my card, but the drivers were total trash and they have not to this day fixed multi-screen setups in a lot of cases. I am a lot happier since switching.

Freelancer

Freelancer

Founder

• Community Manager

• 6,676 posts

Steam Profile

Contributor

The 600 series cards will stomp those. They released too early.

Guest_DiamondCut_*

Guest_DiamondCut_*
  • Guests

The overclock abilities are amazing though. And we have yet to really see what the 600 series will turn to be. It might just be another power hungry card that's super hot.

Orz

AMD products are notoriously hot, that argument doesn't work well (both via Google and personal experience with their cards). Also, in that article they claim "better visual quality"..."all the games we tested". Um, that isn't a review or a comparison, it is a "how to". This is more of a side-by-side: http://www.tomshardw...i-gcn,3104.html and because it goes up against the 580 and not the 600 it isn't fair to argue against the 600 as it isn't fair to argue for either of them.

In the end, neither makes anyone a better gamer, it just means they can have 300 FPS. :rolleyes:

Zyll

Zyll

U Mirin?

• Visitor
  • 537 posts
  • Country Flag

I've heard quite a few good things about that card. Powerful as heck, however once my ATI 5970 becomes outdated (still manages to run BF3 on ultra 40+ FPS) I'm gonna be hopping over to Nvidia.

Orz

Orz

S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Visitor
  • 4,543 posts

I've heard quite a few good things about that card. Powerful as heck, however once my ATI 5970 becomes outdated (still manages to run BF3 on ultra 40+ FPS) I'm gonna be hopping over to Nvidia.

That is what I did, ATI cards run so hot, mine eventually burned up. I'm happy with my nvidia card.

Sammyeli

Sammyeli

Advanced Poster

• Visitor
  • 82 posts

If ATI would just revamp their CCC, that would be a blessing. I have not used ATI for a while now, but one the reasons was the driver issues and the amount of time they took to address those issues.

Zyll

Zyll

U Mirin?

• Visitor
  • 537 posts
  • Country Flag

If you own an ATI card now and find the temps are an issue, its more than likely the Fan not being utilized to its fullest. Try installing "MSI Afterburner (great OC'ing tool as well) and turn the Fan settings to "Auto".

Keeps mine under 70* C now, which is quite impressive, because my cards a beast when it comes to power consumption... That and it only has 1 fan (the heck is up with that ATI?).